Monday, June 25, 2012

Photos from the Kenna Cup

As most of you know, I spent the weekend at the Kenna Cup - a golf tournament hosted by Kenna's Kids, a non-profit organization that assists children facing big medical challenges. My son, Charlie is one of their three 2012 beneficiaries. I have no words to describe the overwhelming feeling of seeing the droves of golfers, volunteers, sponsors, food vendors, public servants, sports personalities, radio news people, bar tenders, and even parachuters who were donating their time and money to support my Charlie and the two other beneficiaries. We were surrounded by angel people all weekend who had one common goal: to ease our family's burden.  This morning as I write this, I am filled to the brim with tears of gratitude and hope. Thank you to all who helped make this spectacular weekend possible.



Below is a photo of this year's beneficiaries with Kenna, the cute red-head who started it all.
From left to right: Charlie and me, Makenna Johnson, Kenna Kucholz, and Grayson Hughes.



Charlie was in a beautiful and upbeat mood all day.



Charlie's 4-year-old brother, Walker, got in on the action.



Here is the local fire squad doing the Ball Drop contest. 
The winner took home two free round-trip tickets to anywhere in the USA.



After the ball drop, we were surprised by four parachuters that came soaring 
towards the golf course.   It was a fabulous finnish to the tournament!



Jack, Charlie and I took a few family photos while 
Walker jumped away in the bounce house.


What an incredible weekend.  
To Kenna's Kids - thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
And to the participants - thank you for supporting our beautiful Charlie.

All my love.
Sarah

No comments: