Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Someday Home Studio

As always, I'm in hot pursuit of "me space". I love my little office nook, shoved into a corner of my laundry room.  It's functional and practical.  I can write and work from home while keeping an eye on my kiddos.  But it also means that any work I do is littered with distractions, noise and the general hub-bub of my home.  This week I've been drooling over these amazing studio/office spaces, dreaming of a time when I might have, as Virginia Woolf once had, a room of my own.

source

source

source

source

source

source

This is my little makeshift office.  It's tucked into a small corner of my laundry room.  It's a bit cramped but seems to work well for the moment.  I sit at this desk all the time and would love to have a space that's more conducive to writing and other creative pursuits.  I want a real studio - a space that is all my own that supports my painting, my writing and my quiet time.  This will be a long term process, but my hope is to have a room of my own by this January. 

Photo by Valerie Dickman for Houzz.com


6 comments:

- said...

Personally, I love the blue wall with the cloths pin lines.

Splenderosa said...

You have worked hard and achieved much...this, too, will come in time.
Love you !!

Connie said...

Virginia is so right. We all deserve our own little space. These are super cozy. So nice of you to share.
Connie*

Sarah Greenman said...

Yes, yes! You need a space. I miss my little hole in the wall office space. Time to kick hubby out of the shed, and take over that spot. Maybe it's time to bunk the boys together.

Sarah Greenman said...

OOOOPS! You must have been the last one on my computer. That last comment should have been from Connie, not Sarah!

Rachel Anderson said...

Love this post.. I like to work in a beautiful mess that looks like an asteroid crashed into a store filled with all of my favorite things! Someday...someday..:)