Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Create Your Own Nourishment

A few years ago, I went to a psychic. At one point during the reading, my grandfather's energy entered the space. The psychic said that he appeared to be standing over a gas stove, cooking soup in a large pot. He wanted to tell me something - something for me to remember when I feel lost or alone. He said, "Create your own nourishment."

I know this sounds a little woo-woo to some of you, but it was a wonderfully insightful reading that helped me quite a bit at the time. My grandfather's words have always stayed with me. This week has been a particularly hellish week. My brother is dead and I seem to be putting out little fires every time I turn a corner.

In an effort to stay sane and grounded, I've been working in my garden. I take my shoes off and feel the earth support my body. I tend to little plants and listen to little animals. I create my own nourishment. I weed. I harvest. I breathe. And I let the tears come.








The photos above were taken by me in my garden.

3 comments:

Connie said...

It's a good place to hold the wolves at bay. I wish I was there to help you through this.

Wendy said...

And you write, sharing nourishment with us. Thank you. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Notes From ABroad said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry.
I too find gardening to be soothing. You concentrate on what you are doing , with your hands and smelling the earth and hearing the sounds of nature all around you .. it is all comforting.
I also find it comforting to see my loved one, when he was in that garden and how happy he was and how much he enjoyed being there .. it is a small comfort but we take them whenever we find them :)
much love