Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Future Fall Garden Projects

The coop is being installed this weekend, as are two 50 gallon rain barrels. Once the chickens are bedded down and tucked in, I'll be able to start work on a few other garden projects I've been putting off. I'd like to complete them this fall so that when spring comes around, I'm ready to seed and plant.

I have four pending projects. I'd like to build a second 4' x 8' raised bed, lay a stone path between the beds, construct a cold frame for seedlings and build two obelisks for the center of each raised bed. I'm using the photos below for inspiration.





I know it seems like a lot to complete before winter sets in, but Texas has a long warm season that lasts well into November, so I'm hopeful that it will all be completed! 

What fall garden projects are you trying to complete?

No comments: