Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What do I really want to wear?

I'm not interested in wearing anything in my closet. When I wake up in the morning, my first thought is, "Great! Which ill fitting, awkward outfit do I want to wear today?" Well, no more! I'm tired of looking at my weird mix of clothing, agonizing over what to wear and then wearing the same old jeans and cardigan.

This weekend, I'm having a closet sale for my neighborhood. I have some really lovely stuff, but it's just not for me. As part of my capsule wardrobe project and my sewing aspirations, I'm getting rid of everything I don't love, wear or fit into right now. That means most everything in my closet is going to go. There's nothing like a clean slate to get your inspirational juices flowing. Selling my entire wardrobe is step one. Step two is answering the following question: What do I really want to wear?


Well, it goes a little something like this...









12 comments:

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

You are inspiring me, Sarah!
I need to purge out, too! :)

Loretta

Ribbon said...

Love your choices for the new clothes. What are your sources? Very nice looking.

Mrs. Bianca said...

I see you wearing all of the things that Frankie wears on Grace & Frankie. I LOVE your style!

Melissa @ An Impulse To Soar said...

I am going through the same thing. I just took bags and bags of stuff to Goodwill and am rebuilding my wardrobe - it looks a lot like what you've got in mind. Love your style!

Mumbai said...

i should do the same...like your
choice of new clothes

Rebecca said...

I really like the style you're moving toward! Looks very classy & comfortable!

SerendipityRefined said...

I did the same thing about 6 months ago. Amazingly, 80% of my "new" wardrobe looks like what you have shown above and I LOVE it! I live almost exclusively in linen and cotton in neutral colors and I have never been more happy. I get "color" from accessories and I spend more time than ever in my favorite linen shirts and jeans. DO IT as soon as you can...you'll love it!

Notes From ABroad said...

I would wear every single one of those pieces .. so great ! Lately all I have been wearing is a baggy pair of jeans with one of my tops from Argentina with one of my husbands sweaters. A real fashion statement lol

donna l gallant said...

The capsule wardrobe intrigues me but when I look in my closet I can't think of anything I want to get rid of. But ... I still want to create a capsule of basics that I can wear with all of my existing clothing ... whenever I figure out what those are.
Love the look you're going for.

Julie La Mouche said...

Hi Sarah, I'm from France, and I love your Blog. When I look to your clothes style, I'm thinking "Yes!! this is also what I want to wear", but when I choose this style, I just have to say that the men doesn't like it at all... I shouldn't mind. But i'm alone, and would like to have a lover. I know, it's stupid. If he loves me, he can love me with linen dress and DIYclothes too??!!
Thanks for that small moment with my own reflexions, I needed it. I haven't followed your blog since a long time, I hope that your family is always in happiness...
Julie
http://lamoucheet3foisrien-decoration.blogspot.fr

Ani said...

I absolutely love your navy dress!! Did you make it? If not, where did you get it??? I want one like it so badly!
Live your style!!!!
Ani

Sarah Greenman said...

Ani - I did not make it or buy it. It is an inspiration photo. Isn't it beautiful? Thanks for your comment.

Sarah